Peaceful Earth Corps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ya Nye Tebya Ponimayu [Rosy+Ivan]

2 posters

Go down

Ya Nye Tebya Ponimayu [Rosy+Ivan] Empty Ya Nye Tebya Ponimayu [Rosy+Ivan]

Post by Ivan Braginsky Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm

(( Title Means: I don't understand you. ))

Of course, he had to pick one of the bars where the tender only spoke one of the dialects of Chinese. No, he didn't know which one, but then again, he understand a total of none of them. He shook his head as he sat at on the bar-stool, still trying to indicate that he just wanted a bottle of vodka and shot glass to put it in. Why didn't Ivan just leave and find a bar with a bartender who spoke either English (which there was bound to be some around) or Russian (which was unlikely but would be highly amusing)? That would have been far too logical and obvious.

"Nyet! That one... there!" Ivan pointed at the bottle on the counter behind the bartender that was labeled "Vodka" in English... Sadly, it was therefore probably an import (most likely American), but then again he couldn't be too choosy when he couldn't communicate with the man in charge.

While he was too busy trying to actually acquire alcohol, he was too preoccupied with it to notice that his scarf tails were flailing about behind him when he moved... the perfect thing for someone to trip over.

(( Sorry it took so long and is a day late. I had to go to the doctor and then go grocery shopping... which took all day because of the buses. >.< ))
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Ya Nye Tebya Ponimayu [Rosy+Ivan] Empty Re: Ya Nye Tebya Ponimayu [Rosy+Ivan]

Post by Roisin Gallagher Tue May 10, 2011 2:42 am

Saints above. Why did she keep coming to this bar? Rosy rubbed at her temple. One of the employee's was scolding her in sharp Chinese. Something about having too much? Not paying enough (bullshit!)? Having her boots on the table? She didn't know. As the man nattered on at her she let her eyes drift away.

Just a day and a half ago she had been in Bolivia, erasing the keeper of a drug trail. Her shillelagh probably still needed a few more polishings before it would be clean again. She gave the man a flat stare and reached down and retrieved her flask. Staring the man in the eye, she took a vindictive swig from it. Yeah, that's right. She didn't need their lousy booze. She had her own, and it was better!

She didn't need this! the only reason she was there was to get out of the compound for a while and drink off the lingering tension from her mission without her brother hovering. She stood up and brushed(weaved) past the employee. She turned and walked(stumbled) backward so she could cordially tell the man to, "Go screw yerself. And shut the Fff-ARGH!"

The floor hit her back with a loud thump. Or it might've been the other way around... who cared?! A string of expletives left her mouth as she struggled to free her legs from the... scarf? it was tangled in. What the hell?

((Don't worry about it! Sorry I took so long to reply. It's just been really busy irl right now!))
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Ivan yelped at the sudden tug around his neck from something pulling on the scarf tails. Unfortunately, he'd been half-standing on the stool to reach over and grab the proper bottle so the stupid bartender would know which one he was trying to purchase from him. This was a horrible situation as far as his balance was concerned... Just as his hand clasped around the bottle, much to the bartender's shouts and complaints at him just taking it without asking (as the bartender saw it), the tug had pulled on him.

The stool slipped out from underneath his weight and Ivan slammed his chin into the shelve of the bar, dropping the bottle of vodka he'd plucked from the tender's grasp to the floor where it shattered into pieces with booze flooding the localized area. With a grunt, he tried to pull himself up and ignore the throbbing pain that had exploded in the join of his neck and face.

His feet slipped on the vodka, throwing the heavy man on the floor, face-first next to the thing that had pulled on his scarf in the first place. Ivan rubbed his head with hand, feeling rather banged up at this point. Bozhye moy, he hadn't even had anything to drink yet.

With his skull and neck throbbing, Ivan turned carefully to look at whatever had pulled him down. It took a minute for his eyes to focus, because he couldn't really be sure at first what this was he was seeing... A woman? With flaming red hair and pale, freckled skin? This person clearly was not native to the area.

"W-who...?" His English, while passable, still frequently left a lot to be desired in effective communication.

(( No worries ))
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Wed May 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Curses in Gaelic, English, and the local dialect flowed from her mouth like beer from a tap as finally managed to kick her legs free of the fabric that ad tripped her. Rosy tossed a glance at the man who had fallen beside her, barely taking in that he was tall, blonde, and caucasian (not one of the local boys) before shouting, "That's what I want to know! Who the hell is running this sorry excuse for an establishment!"

She stood up as the employee kept shouting at her in an outraged tone. She made a rude gesture at the man, grumbling to herself about no one knowing how to run a pub around here, before turning back to the man on the floor. She grabbed his wrist with a calloused hand and hauled him to his feet, not the easiest of tasks after several strong drinks. "Name's Gallagher. Roisin Gallagher. People on my good side call me Rosy."
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Wed May 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Ivan gulped a bit, a little surprised. Clearly his question hadn't been understood. He really needed to work on his English. He sighed and let her help him to his feet. At least now he knew her name, right? Besides, she clearly wasn't upset with him or otherwise targeting her intoxicated wrath at him. The tall man rubbed his hands together awkwardly before extending one with a stammer in her direction. "B-braginsky... Ivan Braginsky..." Well, what a nice introduction that was, dripping with an accent thick enough to coat cake like fondant.

After that, Ivan took his hand back shyly and searched around him for his scarf tails. He pulled them into his line of sight to make sure they weren't damaged... Luckily, they weren't torn, but he couldn't help but frown at all of the dirt and booze that now adhered to the formerly nice, white wool. Oh... he'd have to wash and bleach it... again. That was never fun, especially since it took so long to bleach. He could really stand to have a housekeeper or someone who would do his laundry for him. Ivan sighed and made a mental note to work on getting that nice Lithuanian librarian to help him out (read: do his laundry and make his meals).

The frown quickly went away as he tried to suppress a giggle at Roisin's antics. She clearly hadn't gotten what he meant initially, but at least she was really having a nice go at the bartender. "N-nyet," he chuckled, "I meant... who you... are, but is okay~ I know now~" At least his boss wasn't around, otherwise he might end up getting beaten with the "grammar hammer."
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Thu May 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Rosy brought up a hand to rub at her temple against the onslaught of angry Chinese. Now it was in stereo, with one person yelling her direction from in front and another from behind the counter. "Nice ta meet ya, Ivan." She said to him ignoring the employee's studiously. "Not from around here, I take it." She paused to shout something rude and better left untranslated at employee 1 (as she was calling him) in his native language. Yes, she understood him. No, she wasn't actually listening to him. Learning the local language was one of the first things she had done after moving to the complex. It gave her something to focus on between missions.

Her attention returned to the man- Ivan. "Don't usually get too many tourists around here. Are ya some kind of thrill seeker?" They got a few of them on very rare occasions. That and a nature photographer.

Really, the two disgruntled workers were approaching the limit of her tolerance. "Will you shut yer gobs for five minutes!" She hollered at them. Number 2 was gesturing at something on the ground. Oh. There were shards of glass and spilled drink everywhere. Must've been from what ever Braginsky was drinking. "Oh don't get so pissy about it. You lot water it down, anyways! Believe me, I can tell!" The fiends! Still she reached into her pocket and slapped some cash down on the counter. "Should cover it, so stop yer whining!"
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Thu May 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Ivan tried to keep himself from giggling more at her rage. As scary as it was, it was kind of adorable how her face changed when she was talking to him versus talking to the employees of the bar. He nodded, after pausing to process what she said to make sure he understood. It was hard enough as it was to work on his English that he just really didn't have the mental energy to work on the local dialect yet. "Nyet, but... not tourist either..." The bulky man was struggling a bit, but at least this was practice. He'd get better at it. The hardest part for him was remember to use "the" and "a" since his native language didn't use those grammatical constructs. Even after three years with the PEC, he was having trouble.

He rubbed his arm awkwardly and debated about whether or not he should show her his identification card from the corps. It might at least prove that he wasn't some... "thrill seeker"... whatever that was... Was that a kind of tourist? Well, it couldn't hurt, could it?

Ivan took off the glove he wore on one hand so that he could actually reach into the pocket on his pants without excessive difficulty and pulled out his wallet (attached to his pants via a nifty little chain to help him avoid losing it). Flipping the wallet open, he flashed the ID in Rosy's direction. "I... live and work... nearby... at this place..." He smiled with pride at an almost complete sentence before adding, "Blunt weapons."
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Sun May 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Rosy blinked the image on the card into focus. Member of the Peacful Ear- Oh! Well go figure! She didn't know any of the others knew about this place. "So yer one of our boys then!" She exclaimed with that boisterous joy only the partially inebriated could achieve. She thumped him on the back with a laugh. "That's grand!"

She studiously ignored the employees. They were chattering on about something but she couldn't tell if it was because she had under or over paid for their spilt milk...erm... vodka. She waved them off with a shoo-ing motion of her hand, not that they paid attention to it. She was seriously this close to knocking some heads around.

With a flick of her wrist she flashed him the contents of her own wallet, ID card proudly on top. "So do I!" She grinned. Now one of the other patrons was shouting as well. Rosy snapped around and gave him a two fingered salute, then the bird, then any other offensive hand sign she could do one handed. Her hand itched for her shillelagh.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Ivan made sound like a cross between a cough and gasp at the sudden clap against his back. That was... odd. It didn't hurt, but he hadn't expected it. Was that a normal gesture in this area? Should he return the gesture? Then again, he knew he wasn't dainty so such an act might hurt Rosy if he wasn't careful. What to do... what to do... He blinked a bit in confusion before smiling stupidly, like the one guy in a group who didn't get a joke.

"I..." Whatever he had intended to attempt to say didn't matter at this point, considering her attention had been torn away for a moment to yell at someone and make bizarre gestures that he couldn't quite understand. What were all these hand signals she was using today? He'd have to go to the library later... That would be a perfect excuse to see that cute, little Lithuanian librari- wait, that was her identification card.

The bear leaned in to get a better look at the card, flipping his wallet closed and slipping it back into his pocket. Yes, they did work for the same people. Now that he thought about it... he may have seen her on occasion passing through the hallways, but he couldn't be too sure.

"What... department?" Oh, how oblivious he felt to the shouting at this point, too amused with engaging in conversation with someone that he could at least mostly communicate with.
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Tue May 17, 2011 7:03 pm

She turned back to Ivan, happy to leave off shaking her fist at the customer who was currently sputtering in indignation. She liked Braginsky, she decided. He got to the point with no useless jabbering getting in the way. She could respect that.

A grin appeared on her face, expression flipping out of anger like a light switch. "I'm the Assistant Director." She said brightly. "I deal with the things Artie doesn't feel like handling. Like paper work and disciplinary actions." And she did a damn good job too, if she did say so herself! This night was turning out better than she thought it would.

Apparently, others didn't share her sentiment. The man she had been yelling at before must not have appreciated being ignored, because he grabbed her arm to get her attention. She made a surprised sound as her focus was forcefully redirected. This man's night was going to get much, much worse.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Wed May 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Ivan just nodded his head, understanding most work-related vocabulary. Periodically, he'd encounter a word he didn't quite understand or a bit of unfamiliar verb conjugation, but he could understand the basic meaning. Mostly though, it took him a few seconds to figure out who "Artie" was... until it clicked in his poor head that she meant Director Arthur Kirkland.

"You're... my boss then?" he asked, but there apparently wasn't going to be time for that question to be answered immediately. Some local man had grabbed Rosy's arm... Oh no, that wouldn't do. They were coworkers and now... friends, apparently, which was pretty nice. Ivan's eye twitched a bit. Oh well, at least he could think of this as practice for work.

In a moment, the tall man clasped his own hand around the local man's wrist... rather tightly. "Let her... go now~" Ivan smiled innocently, as though he'd just offered the man a dropped wallet. He gripped a little more firmly for emphasis. "Now~" If the bar-goer didn't obey, he might end up finding that arm of his somewhere rather unpleasant, such as up his own rear end.

(( If this wasn't what you had in mind, I can change my post~ ))
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Sun May 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Rosy's shouts got cut short when a hand landed on the man accosting her. It may have been a bit petty, and a little bit mean, but she couldn't help but smirk when the man cringed. Ivan's voice had just the right balance of honey and poison. Oh she could tell that was perfect for an operative.

She let out a low whistle. "That's some grip ya got there, Ivan!" A grin crawled back onto her features, as she surveyed the now trapped man. It seemed that in his apparent quick-set terror he had frozen to the spot. That and he probably couldn't understand English, but that was splitting hairs. She cocked back a fist and let it fly, straight into the man's jaw.

"Thanks for holding him for me!" She said to her coworker in a friendly tone, adopting an air of obliviousness to the area around them that could've been convincing if not for the glint in her eyes.

((My good sir, I do believe you read my mind! And I'm sorry this took so long. Midterms + performances have been eating up my life. ))
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Ivan merely smiled in response, clenching even more tightly on the man's wrist. He let go once the punch cracked the man's face, only to raise his arm and give him a sharp elbow to the throat. That was probably excessive amounts of damage, but it was most certainly amusing.

He giggled, now just standing there cracking his knuckles. "Is done now being stupid?" he asked, still eyeballing their assailant. Part of him wanted to smack him around a bit more, but the fact that it was a public setting and two against one kind of hinted that it wouldn't have been appropriate to completely kick his butt.

(( SHORT and no worries at all~ ))
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Mon May 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Rosy laughed out loud, feeling more alive than she had in a while. "Nice strike!" She complimented the Russian. She grinned as the man coughed and gagged, a hand at his throat. The commotion in the pub had risen durning their altercation. Some of the men their unfortunate opponent had been drinking with rushed up to the man. A chorus of local shouting swelled.

She flashed Ivan a grin. "Well, I think that one is" She rolled her shoulders and planted her feet. The night was looking up.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Mon May 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Ivan smirked slightly, trying to keep his feet a good distance apart. Well, he had a feeling things were about to get much more fun, but was it ethical to just attack them without provocation? They technically hadn't threatened either Rosy or himself yet. Then again, that chorus of cheering for a brawl was rather invigorating. Start a fight or don't start a fight... Interesting choice.

He looked over to Rosy, still smiling, "What is that they say? Ladies first?" Ivan shrugged, feeling like he butchered the saying. Knowing English, it probably went more along the lines of "drugged monkeys kick uncles."
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Rosy's grin only grew at the chanting and shouting building up around them. It seems like she wasn't the only one in need of some entertainment tonight. And hey, free stress relief that wouldn't cause the PEC facilities any more property damages! Artie would be so pleased (not that she was planning on letting her brother know about this little kerfuffle). She took a moment to note that the two employees who had been at the start of the whole mess had made themselves scarce. Smart employees.

She eyed the aggressive bar-goers with a vicious sort of glee on her face. This was just what she needed, some good old fashioned bloodshed without any pressure on the outcome. It was a lucky thing that the locals didn't have many options when they wanted some excitement. She gave Ivan a playful mock curtsey. "Why thank you, sir!" She said in an overly sweet voice. She took a moment to crack her knuckles and give the new opponents a wicked look. "I'll try to leave you some." And without a second's hesitation she launched herself into the fray.

((I am soooooo sorry this took so long. I have sucked at the whole updating thing. I've just had a lovely pile-up of holiday, sickness, and finals. Please forgive me! *hugs you*))
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:56 am

Ivan giggled but didn't really get the joke... or actually whether or not that was a joke. The tone in her voice kind of told him it was probably funny and that it would have been prudent to laugh in some way. It was that awkward laugh the gave away who was out of the loop. Luckily, he didn't have time to think about that kind of thing though. Violence was afoot~

After Rosy jumped in, Ivan would have picked a target, but a target picked him. A fist cracked him across the jaw, snapping his head to the side. "Ow..." It wasn't really powerful, but enough to make him stop in his tracks and make his jaw throb. Well, there was only one legitimate response to this... more violence. Knuckles knotted in a shorter man's dark hair long enough to slam the attached skull into a nearby table a couple of times. Oh, blood on his fingers messing with his grip... That was irritating. Ivan sighed and licked the goo off his hands without really thinking about it. That was smart.

(( OMG, I AM SO PISS- nah, I'm just kidding you. No worries, take your time, Rosy. :3 I'm patient. <3 ))
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:37 pm

It was with great relish that Rosy poured herself into the fight. Her first few hits made solid, unhindered connections. One of the bonuses of being a fairly petite young woman was that when it came to a brawl, you usually had the element of surprise. Luckily, her opponents were caught on fast enough and began putting up a fight. It would've been boring otherwise. She laughed out loud as the two men she had targeted struck back.

Her form had never really been a thing of beauty. She wasn't a martial artist by any stretch of the imagination. She was a brawler, plain and simple, down and dirty. Her style most closely resembled a mix of traditional boxing, street fighting, and kick-boxing.

She ducked and dodged, darting in and out of range to land a few blows before trying to get back out of their reach. She delighted in spitting out as many colorful and creative taunts as she could, even though she knew the men wouldn't understand. The tone was unmistakeable, so she figured they got the gist of it. She may have lingered a bit too long after delivering a particularly satisfying punch to one of the men's solar plexus. A glancing blow from the other man caught her shoulder. She rolled with it to avoid any damage and caught sight of Ivan's fight.

"Oi!" She called out to the Russian, snagging her current opponents wrists so she wouldn't be interrupted by any punches. "Be careful there, Ivan! You don't know where that thing's been!" Despite it being worded like a reprimand, Rosy was smiling as she said it. She took a moment to grapple with the squirming local and brought a boot heel down on his foot. Really, how rude! "I hope you're not getting bored over there!" At least the locals put some spirit into their fighting, even if they lacked finesse.

((Thank you, Dear!))
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Ivan frowned, having actually taken the words as a reprimand. Fine, he wouldn't lick the blood... He sighed, wiping one hand clean on his opponent's shirt. Well, this one man was finished playing, might as well use him, right? After untangling his hand from the man's rather thrashed scalp, he grabbed him around the midsection and gave him a small, almost lazy toss into another one of the nearby brawlers.

He shrugged a bit at the question of boredom. Sure, they (the local patrons) weren't as lively as they could have been, but what could you expect from drunkards? Then again, the only reason Ivan wasn't more like them was because he hadn't been able to get a damn drink. "They... are floppy..." he remarked, noticing the how the one he'd just tossed lay across his squirming comrade like a limp doll.

That was a bad time to stop paying attention to what was going on around him. There was a sharp yank at his throat, tugging him back and making it hard to breathe. Great, just what he needed, someone ballsy enough to grab his scarf. Ivan's hands went up to pull at the fabric so he could at least breathe; it was rather too late to unwind the damn thing. "Rosy!"
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Rosy burst out laughing at Ivan's comment. "Floppy!" She doubted the Russian would realize just what about that she found so funny, but she went with it anyways. "I hear ya! I doubt any of these fellas will ever be hard in their lives." She shoved the local she'd been grappling with away so she could rub some tears from her eyes as she laughed. Maybe she had had just a bit too much to drink. "Not that they're likely to have a reason!" The laughing hurt so good.

She snapped to when she heard his sharp cry. A brawl was all good and fine as far as she was concerned, but actively going after one of her boys (as all members of the PEC were, whether they knew it or not) was a big no-no.

She dashed towards the man with Ivan's scarf in hand. "Oi! None of that now!" She shouted, green eyes pinned on the pock-faced man. She freed her shillelagh from it's place at her hip and brought it down hard on the stranger's back. The satisfying smack of the impact ensured that she had at least fractured his scapula. Maybe a bit harsh for a bar brawl, but she'd been in worse. "I've got your back!" She called out to Ivan as his scarf slipped free of the local's hands. Some day she'd have to talk to him about wearing it so long.

One of the man's friends tried to wrench her shillelagh out of her hands. With a snarl she tried to force it into the man's face, but a pair of arms caught her around the waist. Maybe she should've refrained from starting anything when they were so outnumbered... Next time she'd bring Arthur along. He needed to loosen up anyways.

((Uff da! I'm sorry again for how long this took. Now that I'm living back home I have to be really sneaky about getting on and my mom likes to use my laptop all the time.))
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 pm

No, Ivan did not get the floppy versus hard joke and probably wouldn't until someone explained it to him later, at which point he'd probably blush and pull his scarf up to hide his ashamed face. For all of the violence and creepy behaviors, he could really be shy and naive about somethings. It was both pathetic and probably endearing to some people.

"Spasibo!" he gasped, finally freed. Sadly, he turned around only to see her in quite a nasty situation. One man grabbing her interestingly shaped weapon and one grabbing her- that wasn't proper behavior, was it?

Without thinking, he rushed forward, hooking his arm around the latter man's neck and pulling tightly. Almost before he realized what he was doing, he'd brought his hand up and about snapped the man's neck. Luckily, he realized that would kill him and then Director Kirkland would have him suffer a similar fate. Instead, he just a bottle off of the nearby table and smashed it on the top of the man's head.

One: it didn't shatter... which really surprised him. It worked in those American action movies he'd seen, but then again it still seemed to hurt. Two: the guy in his hands looked far worse than they did in the movies too. He'd gone limp in his arms and was bleeding a lot from the side of his head. Oh well. Ivan shrugged and tossed him to the side now that he no longer had a grip on poor Rosy.

(( No worries, take your time. That's why I password lock my laptop. XD Just take care of yourself, Rosy. That's much more important than anything else! :3 ))
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Despite the rather distracting predicament she was in and fuzzy filter of booze in her veins, Rosy was very aware of Ivan's actions. This was one of those times she was grateful for being a woman; she loved multitasking! As she continued dealing with the would-be weapon thief, she watched Ivan with sharp eyes and was not disappointed with what she saw.

He was quick to respond when a comrade was in danger. Good. The importance of getting everyone back from a mission was only surpassed by completing the mission itself. He had restraint. Sure, from that move she could tell that his kill instinct was strong, but he had enough sense to tell when to leash it. They couldn't afford loose cannons in the Corps. He could improvise. An effective operative was one who could adapt to the situation and the environment. A smile curled her lips. This one was a good one. Consider Rosy a pleased Assistant Director.

Free from the restriction around her waist, Roisin jerked her shillelagh forward sharply, driving it into the man's nose. Content with the crack of weighted wood meeting delicate facial bone, she wrested her weapon free of the man's loosened grip and shoved him away.

"Thanks." She said, turning a warm smile towards Ivan. "That was well done there. I can see why Corps chose ya." Rosy took a minute to straighten her shirt out during the brief lull in action. "Remind me to buy you a drink sometime." She said amiably, surveying the possible opponents. She was both a somewhat pleased and disappointed to note only a bit more than half remained standing.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginsky Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:50 am

Ivan paused and smiled, hands clasped in front of his chest like an excited child. "I... did a good job?" he asked, a little surprised by the praise. Unfortunately, though, he was distracted a little too long as one of the few remaining combatants grabbed his left wrist. He squeaked a bit, suddenly remembering that they were in the middle of a bar fight as opposed to happy-go-lucky, praise-the-good-Russian-puppy-land.

This was feeling a bit too easy, stamping on his foot, twisting his wrist as he turned, pulling the assailant off balance... That was too easy, but then again he was the most sober person in the room. Apparently fighting a bunch of drunks wasn't as hard as he'd thought. Ivan didn't even hit him, just let him drop to the floor and clunk his head against the floor with his own weight.

"Almost forgot... more idiots..."

(( Sorry, I have the dumb today ))
Ivan Braginsky
Ivan Braginsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Roisin Gallagher Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Rosy couldn't help but be somewhat charmed by Ivan's enthusiasm. He looked like an oversized child whose mommy just told he could have desert before dinner. She gave him a nod. "That you did!" She chuckled warmly, able to forget for just a moment that she was praising a man for his potential as a career killer and not just a good right hook. For just a little while, she was simply having a good time with a friend. But then a gruff native broke reentered the fight and shattered the tenuous illusion.

This was not Dublin. There was no familiar scent of salt and brine intermingling with the tobacco smoke in the alehouse. This was a tiny, rundown bar managing its business in one of the most hostile environments on Earth in the boonies of China. And she wasn't some young girl just trying to do her business and make a stab at a future. She was second in command of the most secretive government assassins ever to be created. Roisin watched the man fall as she stifled the niggling sense of dissatisfaction that tried to creep into her mind.

"Aye." She replied, turning to face another inebriated challenger. Fresh red blood glinted in shiny speckles over the rusty stain of old blood that clung to the grain of her shillelagh. "There are always more idiots."

She punched the man with a bit more force than she intended.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down